Classes for Kids & Teens
Fall Classes open for registration on Friday 8/14. Spring class makeup sessions due to Shelter-in-Place will be scheduled on special days and times - Emails will come directly to your email inbox.
Our Juniors curriculum is especially developed for second and third graders, and our Core FashionKit curriculum is fabulous for those in 4th grade and up.
Here's what makes sewnow! classes unique:
a fun, energetic and friendly atmosphere that's welcoming to novices and experts
- Personalized instruction with a low instructor : student ratio - usually 1:7 or less
- Clothes that fit - we use FashionKit amazing patterns in all our garment classes
- A fashion focus - we integrate fashion design and sewing instruction
- Commercial techniques - we teach efficient cutting and assembly methods used in industry
- Embroidery - each class includes custom machine embroidery to personalize your projects
- Optimized curriculum - after thousands of students we've fine-tuned the best way to teach
- Guaranteed results - we guarantee that your projects will turn out great and they will fit!
What Class should I register for?
2nd and 3rd graders:
Our Juniors one-hour programming is specifically designed for smaller hands, developing fine motor sewing skills and builds confidence while having fun. Instructors demonstrate all skills and encourage 'making it by yourself', but readily offer 'sewing fairy' support if and when pinning, threading, or ironing seem overwhelming.
Register for Juniors' Classes
- All 2nd or 3rd graders should register for Juniors' programs.
- All skill levels will be accommodated by the instructor with extra sewing challenges available for those who are ready, and extra support for those who are learning from the beginning.
4th grade and up:
Our FashionKit 1.5 hour garment-focussed core program is a mixed-age environment suitable for 4th graders through high school. Students are taught how to start with their own concept sketch, are then guided through doing all tasks including threading and operating the sewing machine and iron on their own, laying and cutting out from a paper pattern in their size, following FashionKit pattern instructions, and completing fabulous clothes they will be proud to wear. All patterns and supplies are included and students have fun picking from our wall of curated fabrics in the sewnow! Pro Shop.
- Absolute beginners and those with just a little experience will be successful starting with our FashionKit 'Learn-to-sew' 101 program. In this mixed age environment, students complete their own projects from beginning to end and will learn to use the sewing machine, serger, and iron.
FashionKit 'Level Up' 201 series classes are suitable for those with FK101 foundation skills who would like to complete FashionKit projects in an instructor-led small group setting. It's the perfect next step to prepare you for independence following instructions needed to enjoy FashionClub. Don't hesitate to check in with us if you are wondering which class is the best next step for you after FK101.
- Once you have mastered sewing machine and serger foundation skills, using instructions on your own, and have completed several intermediate level projects, FashionClub is perfect for you to explore your passion for designing and making your own customized FashionKit wardrobe.
Register for FashionKit Classes
In-Person Classes Health and Safety
• daily temperature scans and health interview before entering studio
• hand washing at outdoor hand washing station before entering studio
• frequent hand washing and sanitizing
• all staff and students to wear cotton protective masks while on site
• individual desk /sewing station for each student with sanitizer provided
• high touch areas disinfected regularly
• no communal snack or sharing of food, cutlery, etc.
*as of 8/13/2020
We will evolve as needed to comply with County and CDC guidelines
sewnow! fashion studio offers unique Classes in fashion design and sewing that make learning to sew fun and straight forward.
sewnow! Class Makeup Policy
Class Makeup Options:
- Due to the Covid-19 health and safety procedures we have in place, we are not able to offer make-up classes at this time. If your child is absent from class, the instructor will catch up their project prior to the next class for Juniors' and FK101 classes. FashionKit students will pick up right where they left off since classes are self paced.
Thanks for your attention and compliance - we appreciate it!